Sunday, June 15, 2014

Catching a Wave for Captain Splendid

My husband and I are heading out this morning to the Jersey shore for a couple of days.

After the 10 day silent meditation retreat experience in April, I can actually go to the beach without reading material.  Don't need it!  I can sit and do "nothing" now.  Not really nothing.  What I'll be doing is enjoying the moments, one by one.







I grew up in Santa Cruz California and the ocean is in my blood. My favorite memories of the beach are camping on it when we first got to Southern California from the east coast. There's nothing quite like waking up to the sound of the crashing waves in the morning.






Today, on Father's Day, I'm so happy for the vivid memories, later when we moved to Northern California, of body surfing with my father.  He taught me, all my siblings and my mother, among other many great things, how to swim.

Here's a picture of him from his high school year book that I just found when I googled his name this morning. Perfect!  Hard to read the caption but the highlights are "an artist is a dreamer" and "usually seen with Katie". That would be my Mother! They were high school sweethearts :) RIP Dad.  Happy Father's Day wherever you are (in my heart for sure and forever)





http://www.artypantz.com


No comments: